We are always looking for quality youth football coaches who have a desire to give back to the game of football and give something back to the kids in our community. Football experience, time dedication, character and integrity are a must. If you would like to volunteer your time and knowledge as a youth football coach, please let us know. The registration is online using the same method to sign-up players.
-Provide an enjoyable experience. Sports should be fun. Even if nothing else is accomplished, make certain your players have fun.
-Provide a safe experience. You are responsible for planning and teaching activities in such a way that the progression between activities minimizes risks.
-Teach basic skills. In becoming a coach, you take on the role of educator. You must teach all of your players the fundamental skills and strategies necessary for success in the sport of football.
Please complete 1-5 down below:
Please mail the completed and signed contract to OCYFA, PO Box 1942, Oregon City, OR 97045.
All coaches must complete the on-line background check.
Course Link: http://brain101.orcasinc.com/4000/
Player safety coaches need to complete this training by August 1st. This training takes appx 20 minutes to complete. Please print your certificate when complete and mail this back to OCYFA, PO Box 1942, Oregon City, OR 97045 or save the certificate on your computer and send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that all coaches complete this as early as possible, but certainly no later than August 1st.
MANDATORY Course Link: USA Football
Endowed by the NFL and NFLPA in 2002, USA Football is the official youth football development partner of the NFL, its 32 teams and the NFL Players Association and manages U.S. national teams for international competition. USA Football leads the development of the game through educational programs and innovative resources.
Oregon City Youth Football pays for membership for all Head Coaches. As a member coaches have access to multiple resources including online courses, playbook software, drills library, as well as practice planners.
All head and assistant coaches are required to complete the, Level 1 USA Tackle Football certification. Please follow the instructions below to complete this. Please note that these instructions will print out as part of your email confirmation.
Creating a new USA Football Account
1. Visit www.usafootball.com and scroll over Membership from the navigation menu at the top.
2. Click on the Coach icon under the Membership drop-down menu.
3. Select the Start My Membership button.
4. On the Coaching Membership Registration page fill in all fields designated with an (*).
5. Enter your email address and the password you wish to use for your USA Football account (Please note, your password is case-sensitive and must be a minimum of eight characters).
6. Continue completing the Coaching Membership Registration, check the terms of service box and select Submit.
7. Enter the following promo code "TVYFLoregoncity16" and select Update Price. The code covers the entire cost of the membership, zeroing out the cost.
8. You will receive a Checkout Confirmation, verifying your membership has been created and informing you to check your email to complete the activation of your account.
9. Visit the email account that you used to register your Coach Membership and check for the automated email from USA Football; click on the Activate Now link to activate your account.
10. After activating your account via the activation email, sign in to your account by visiting www.usafootball.com again and this time selecting Log-in.
11. Enter your Member Email and Password and select Sign In.
Accessing a Certification Course
1. While logged in to your active Coach Membership, Select Take A Course from the Coach Management Center or choose a course under Coach Education Program. You will need to complete the Level 1 Tackle Course.
2. Click the Open Course or Open Quiz button next to the certification you wish to access; coaches who have passed a Level 1 Course in a previous year will see a Level 1 Re-certification Quiz option; (Both the Level 1 certification course and Re-certification Quiz can be saved and resumed at a later time).
For questions about the website or your membership contact USA Football at 1-877-5-FOOTBALL (1-877-536-6822).
Two coaches from each team need to be First Aid and CPR Certified. This certification is typically good for 2 years. If you are already First Aid and/or CPR certified, please provide a copy of your current Certification(s). If you are not certified and are interested in getting certified, there are several different websites that offer a 2 year certification. You can try www.icpri.com, or www.cprtoday.com. Please pay for the training and provide a receipt for reimbursement. You may send copies of your certification or card (front and back if applicable) to OCYFA, PO Box 1942, Oregon City, OR 97045 or send via email to email@example.com.
Since 1920, The National Federation of State High School Associations has led the development of education-based interscholastic sports and activities that help students succeed in their lives. The NFHS builds awareness and support, improves the participation experience, establishes consistent standards and rules for competition, and helps those who oversee high school sports and activities. The NFHS publishes playing rules in 16 sports for boys and girls competition.
Interested in becoming a sponsor of Oregon City Youth Football Association ?